Hummingbird Amsterdam is always looking for highly experienced baristas from the specialty coffee scene to join our team. Depending on the season, the current occupation and available shifts we are looking for both part-time and full-time freelancers.
Note! Before you continue reading: this position requires you to be registered in the Netherlands and living within a 20 km radius of Amsterdam.
As a Top barista you will work in shifts with corresponding responsibilities. Teamwork and service mindset is our top priority. Are hospitality and customer friendliness in your DNA, do you want to work with top notch coffee brands every day, read the job below if you want to be part of the nicest specialty coffee bar of Amsterdam.
ABOUT HUMMINGBIRD AMSTERDAM
We are a Specialty Coffee Bar and store with a multi-roaster approach. We select specialty coffees from all over the world. Every month we have at least one new coffee brand on the shelf. We are proud that Onyx Coffee Lab has been our in-house roaster since early 2021, and we have also realized our own Onyx Hummingbird Blend! Customers can purchase all of our coffees online and in our store. Elke koffie die we verkopen, serveren we ook! All #fortheloveofspecialtycoffee!
TOP BARISTA DUTIES
- You will be one of the daily happy faces of our Specialty Coffee Bar in Amsterdam.
- You work in shifts in collaboration with other baristas with accompanying responsibilities such as opening and closing.
- You prepare high-quality coffees.
- For new specialty coffees, you do your own research on the ins and outs of the coffees we serve and have on the shelf.
- You have an intrinsic motivation to contribute to finding, curating, and testing specialty coffee brands that we can source.
- You advise customers on flavors and varieties.
- You have an active sales mindset and know how to lead customers to our webshop for recurring orders or home barista training.
- You keep the store clean while working, and at the end of the day, you make sure the store is tip-top in order for the next day.
- You open or close based on your shift.
- You alert our customers to new coffee brands and our loyalty promotions through Magic Stamp.
- You keep the stock up to date.
- Packing and shipping online webshop orders.
- Based on your experience and potential, we may ask you to give our Home Barista training.
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED
- Strong social and communication skills.
- Enthusiasm and proactive attitude.
- Customer focus.
- Independent work ethos.
- A high degree of knowledge of the specialty coffee scene.
- You can work under pressure.
- Flexible in your working hours, of course by mutual agreement.
- Fluent English. Dutchies are welcome too 🙂
- Experience as a barista is a must, especially in specialty coffee.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- A flexible contract via verloning.nl – Days negotiable.
- Flexible work shifts and when available a 32-hour work week.
- You will be working with top products from around the globe.
- Pleasant work atmosphere, and a fun team with plenty of pizza moments.
- A lot of responsibility.
- Salary above collective hospitality agreements.
- Discount on our coffees.
- Immediate start date.
- The nicest customers 🙂
WHO ARE WE NOT LOOKING FOR
- We are not a shop for baristas without any specialty coffee/barista experience.
- We’re also not looking for baristas who don’t like people.
- Nor are we looking for baristas who think they are the Kings & Queens.
- We’re certainly not looking for baristas who can’t work under pressure.
STILL ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT THIS JOB?
Then respond now with your CV and short motivation why you are our top barista. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will plan a meeting in our store on short notice!
kindly review my resume l know how to callibrate, preparing hot and cold coffee beverages like espresso,latte, cappuccino, and filtered coffee like v60, chemix, aeropress and mojitos and milk shake
Are you living in Holland?
I’m interested for the above information
Are you a resident of the netherlands?